Montaione is a quaint, ancient village dating back to the middle age rich in art, history, culture and traditions; in the area we can find numerous archeological sites.
Montaione is located in the heart of the Tuscan countryside close to San Gimignano and Volterra, at approx. 40 min. driving distance far from Florence. Montaione is 373 above hte sea level and it is surrounded by a stunning countryside filled with vineyards, olive groves and fields of sun flowers!
In Montaione centre you can visit: Palazzo Pretorio, S.Regolo’s church. Pievano’s arch and the panoramic view.
June-September “Montaione Summer festival” with music, spectacles, bingo and typical markets along the streets.
October-November: Typical food products’ market.
In Montaione area you can visit: Cisterna Romana, S.Vivaldo, and the little villages of Iano, Tonda, Sughera and Castelfalfi.
MONTAIONE TYPICAL PRODUCTS
Montaione has a lot of high quality restaurants such as:
Casa Masi (800 meters from us): smart, elegant restaurant for spending a romantic dinner maybe for a celebration.
Il Lago (1,5 km from us): lovely restaurant beside a lake with great view and atmosphere.
Il Caminetto (2 km): the best restaurant for having great food, such as Fiorentina Steak, in a very friendly atmosphere.
In Montaione, just 4 km far away from S.Maria, there is a big supermarket Pam Express open every day of the week: Monday-Saturday 9 am-8pm and also on Sunday 9am-1 pm ; 4-8 pm.
Little Grocery-store & Pizzeria at 400 metres.
Facilities in Montaione
- Horse Riding(4 km). Skill riders will guide you along path in the nature. All horses are "Quarter". – www.gelsominoranch.com
- S.Barbara’slake (12 km). Green area full equipped for fishing and pic-nic and walkings in the wood. – www.parcosantabarbara.it
- Trekking in Montaione (8 km). By bikes or on foot you can visit 6 tracks in the nature by map and descriptions.
- Scooter and bikes rental. Booking in advance is possible to receive bikes and scooter directily at your door. – www.ecorent.it
- Castelfalfi Golf Courses (Castelfalfi 12 km). One of the most beautiful golf cours (18 holes) in the evocative atmophere of Castelfalfi. – www.golfcastelfalfi.it
- City tour by bus. A local company organizes daily sightseeing tours to Florence, Siena, Pisa, Lucca and the outlet shops of fashion picking you up directly by us. Taxi service from and to the airport. 0039 (0) 571 697607
- Artistic terracotte (2 km). Grant a walking from us by Vallibonci, where you can find an artist’s workshop. – www.vallibonci.com
- Wine Tasting (10 km). In the wonderful Villa of Filicaja, on the hill of Montaione, you can have a delightful wine tasting experience guided by a skilled Sommelier. You will taste several kind of Chianti Doc wines in a friendly atmophere. – www.filicaja.it
- Caste Cooking class (20 km). Inside the castle kitchen you will learn how to prepare a complete Italian menu wearing hat and apron feeling like a real chef.
The partecipants will have the chance to seize the secret of a typical Tuscan cooking. A memorandum of the recipes will be given to them as well.
Finally, there will be a guided tour of the Castle and a lunch with the dishes prepared by the partecipants.
- Olive-oil tasting (12 km). Discover the production process of the authentic olive-oil and then taste it with some bread, the famous "Bruschetta". – www.frantoiosanminiatese.it
- Truffle tasting (8 km). A unforgettable experience. 2 activities (long or shirt) seraching the truffle in the wood guided by skill men and their dogs.
After Truffle tasting in several ways: with honey, with bread, with sauce. – www.tartufi-nacci.com
-Meat shop "Mattone Due" (4 km). The best meat, "Bistecca alla fiorentina" or "Cinta Senese" can be found in this family company.
3 big Outlets near Florence where find most important brand as Gucci, Prada, Versace, Armani.
- Outlet "Tuscans" (18 km) Outlet factory, leather, bags and more in a top quality. – www.tuscans.it
- Outlet "The mall" 50 km. The best famous outlet where you can find the most important brand as Gucci, Prada, Versace, Armani. – www.themall.it